Taking care of your skin is essential, after all it is the body’s largest living organ. However, many of the personal care products on the market contain toxins and chemicals that suffocate the skin. There are a range of natural and organic skincare products you can use for anti-ageing and to keep your skin looking smooth, supple and radiant.
Why should I choose organic skincare products?
Many mainstream products contain chemicals that are easily absorbed into the skin and can enter the blood stream. Many of the ingredients in these products also inhibit the skin’s ability to breathe and can be linked to conditions such as allergies and headaches.
Choosing organic skincare products is a natural and effective way to get your skin feeling and looking radiant. Organic and natural products work with your skin to enhance its regenerative and healing properties. Organic skincare products are chemical and pesticide free, meaning it is better for your body and the environment.
What to avoid
Reading the labels of your skincare products will show you what ingredients you are putting on your skin. Many skin care products contain a range of toxins and chemicals including sodium lauryl sulphate which has been linked to health problems such as contact dermatitis, kidney damage and liver abnormalities.
Natural skin care regime
A totally natural skin care regime can be achieved with the help of some organic products that will assist in the anti-ageing process, nourish the skin and keep it healthy. Here are some beneficial ingredients to look for in organic skin care products.
- Unrefined vegetable and nut oils contain lipids, tryglycerides, sterols and antioxidants. They replace lipids within the skin’s intercellular matrix and help restore barrier function.
- Essential oils reach the deeper layers of the skin where they can hydrate, nourish and rejuvenate skin cells.
- Vitamin A moisturises the skin and scalp, improves the texture of photo-damaged skin and enhances the skin’s elasticity. Vitamin B moisturises the hair, skin and nails, and soothes and enhances the healing process of dry skin. Vitamin C may be useful in restoring a smooth surface to ageing skin. Vitamin E can enhance the performance of UV blockers while softening the skin and moisturising deep within the epidermis. Vitamin C and Vitamin E are also both potent antioxidants.
- Beneficial herbs and botanicals include aloe vera, lavender oil and nettle. Organic skin care products such as oils and butters are also growing in popularity. Some healthy ingredients are avocado oil, hemp oil, jojoba oil, olive oil and shea butter.
- Other beneficial ingredients in organic skincare products include grapeseed extract, glycerine, alphalipoic acid, seaweed extract and pomegranate extract.
excerpt from www.wellbeing.com.au
So you could consider making your own natural skin care products or if you are stretched for time here is a range of lovely organic and natural skin care products available..
Organic and 100% Natural Skin Care